Yeah, my distribution hopping days are over once again and I’m back on … Sidux. For the bit tech savvy there just isn’t a better distribution, if you just kinda know your way around in any xBuntu you shouldn’t have a problem handling Sidux. Just a bit more caution when doing updates, that’s it.
- What distribution installs into a working system in little over 2 minutes?
- What distribution is powered by Debian technoloy AND is on a rolling release?
- Doesn’t use the stupid (K)networkmanager. Honestly, I hate it. Or I can’t see the advantages. Asking for trouble once your X gets fried and no networking on console.
- On the above… Ceni
- What distributions actually gets you up-to-date versions of the software you use daily? Apart from source distributions like Gentoo.
- SMXI is awesome. Period.
- KDE is the default desktop and gets the love.
- Enable contrib and non-free repositories and multimedia is-a-go.
- Honestly, the fonts outta the box are the best I have seen on any distribution (well, after one says hi to /etc/fonts/conf.avail/10-autohint.conf). Why oh why do some distributions still not pay attention+1 to their font configs? It’s the first thing a user sees and the last thing once he shuts down his machine at the evening.
- Awesome developers and maintainers.
Guess there a gazillion more points I like about Sidux. Not suited for all my machines because it’s too bleeding edge at times (read: work laptop), but on my Desktop… Here to stay.